WHY DIVA?
DIVA is the acronym of the first letters of our group members’ names:
![]() |
Daisy
A part time student in MAGBM. A dream maker and chaser. Believes the saying always stay away from your comfort zone is the coolest way of coloring one's life.
|
|---|
|
Irene
A full time student in MAGBM. A proactive and energetic backpacker. Dreaming of travelling and tasting cuisines around the world.
|
|---|
![]() |
Vincent
A full time student in MScEIE. Studious and dedicated in nature. Enjoys basketball, watching movies, listening to music and playing the piano.
|
|---|
![]() |
Anthea
A part time student in MAGBM. A peacemaker, loves simplicity and appreciates little things in life. Enjoys drawing, travelling, and photography.
|
|---|
As students of the MGT5516 course, DIVA also stands for the few out of the many objectives we hope to achieve together as a team from this course:-
DISTINGUISHED : We aim to achieve excellence, distinguishing ourselves from others.
INNOVATIVE : We want to think innovatively and applying the knowledge learnt from this course about innovation practices to our current / future organizations.
VISIONARY : “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” ~ Steve Jobs.
Successful people have great visions, and so do we.
AMBITIOUS : We are ambitious students, desiring for success and achievements.
Why This Logo Design?
Our group logo design was inspired by the original ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’ poster.
Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for the Second World War. The poster was intended to raise the morale of the British public, threatened with widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.
We were inspired by how this poster had such a simple design yet strong motivational message within. And so we decided to be innovative by modifying the poster with the words ‘Keep Calm and Go DIVA’, specifically highlighting the word DIVA in gold, as it simply serves to encourage ourselves and the class to go Distinguished, Innovative, Visionary and Ambitious!





This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing the research and I was surprised that Nokia has done R&D on smart phone far earlier than Apple but it turned out fail in this game. I agree the culture management is crucial as key of success of global corporate. But if Nokia collaborate with Microsoft, I wonder if it can regain the market share or take advantages through this act. Somehow, Microsoft is a giant among the IT industry. It has it only corporate culture for which is US style. I wonder if Nokia, the Finnish corporate, is willing to compromise culture difference with Microsoft. Or otherwise, it may lead to another failure.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the research and I have a wonderful time through reading the blog. I feel quit pity for Nokia, as it was doing great before and provided cellphone in high quality with low price. Due to brand loyalty, I have a friend who expects Nokia to release a product which could compete with Iphone for a long time, and she bought the N8 without hesitation when it launched. I think management team did a bad job, staying at their comfort zone, choosing to believe what they believe and collecting the selective market data to prove their thoughts. Once a company cuts off from market and customer’s needs, it starts fall into a decline.
ReplyDeleteHi all! As this is our Team Introduction blog post, please do NOT post your comments here, thank you!
ReplyDeleteStudent ID: 53675601
ReplyDeleteThanks to all the dynamic group members and beautiful girls for such a comprehensive analysis of Nokia's downfall. We all have very emotional link with Nokia as we all have used Nokia in our childhood. Nokia did R&D but they were fail where to exactly look for future Mobile operating software. they focused on Symbian and totally neglected Android. After the success of Android Nokia tried in Window based mobile operating which proved to be another failure. Despite having a strong brand name and pioneer in mobile industry Nokia stick with its rigid style of management and fixed with old models. Also Nokia couldn't introduce appealing model with touch technology. Nokia was successful in third world counties which have low buying power but in developed countries Nokia lose its worth.
Good afternoon DIVA,
ReplyDeleteI read this carefully and I think you really did a great job! I enjoy reading this very much, and gain a lot, and btw I have to admit that this is story woken some beautiful moments in my memory.
From you SWOT analysis I think you already clearly identified the elements, I am thinking is there any possibility if create a SWOT analysis matrix and add it to this report, I believe that it will make your report looks more attractive, professional and more intuitive. I mean, you know, just try to add some charts and graph if you can, not only for the appearance, but also make your report more weight.
But hey, you really did a wonderful analysis, congratulations!